Cobb County Police Department
Alcohol / Taxi / Pawn Permits
Alcohol Server, Taxi Driver, & Pawn Shop Permits may be obtained at this location.
The cost of a permit is $30.00 CASH ONLY.
Proper Identification is required before the acceptance of the application (see below for acceptable types of identification)
- Drivers License
- Military I. D.
- State Approved I.D.
Hours of Operation
Mon,Wed, and Fri: 8:30am - 11:30am & 1pm - 4pm
Tues & Thurs: 1pm - 4pm
We are located at Cobb County Police Department Headquarters Complex at the corner of Cherokee St and North Marietta Pkwy. We can be reached at (770) 499-3943 for further information.
- Take 1-75 to Exit 265 (North Marietta Pkwy)
- Go west approximately 1.7 miles and turn left into our parking lot.
- We are part of the Cobb County Police Headquarters complex located at 154 North Marietta Pkwy(the corner of Cherokee St and North Marietta Pkwy)
- We are in the red and gray stucco building. Take the walkway to the front of the building.
Alcohol Beverage Work Permits
Managers & licensees must be aware that you can be cited and your privilege license may be in jeopardy if employees are found to be working without the required permit or if an employee is caught providing alcohol to a minor.
If your employee is not a citizen of the United States, he/she will be asked to provide an alien registration card (Green Card), a work authorization card, or an 1-94 card issued by the United States Department of Immigration. The alien registration number is not acceptable. We must have the card to copy it for our files.
If your employee is a naturalized citizen of the United States, he/she will be asked to provide a naturalization certificate. He/she will be asked to bring in their original certificate for this office to review.
This office reserves the right to request from applicant, any document needed to accurately complete the background investigation. (driver's license, birth certificates, social security cards, naturalization certificates, etc.)
Persons acting in a managerial capacity in grocery stores and drug stores are required to obtain an alcoholic beverage permit.
All managers, assistant managers, clerks, and cashiers in convenience stores, package stores, and liquor stores are required to have a valid alcohol permit.
All managers, assistant managers, waitresses, waiters, servers, security personnel, bartenders, bouncers, etc. must have a valid alcoholic beverage work permit. We do not distinguish between food servers and alcohol servers. All servers must be permitted.
Hours for Selling Packaged Alcohol
Liquor by package
8:00 a.m. to 11:45 p.m. Monday through Saturday
Beer & Wine by package
6:00 a.m. to 2:00 a.m.Monday through Friday, 6:00 a.m. to Midnight Saturday
Sunday Sales by package
12:30 p.m. to 11:30 p. m.
Hours for Sales by the Drink On-Premise Consumption
- Monday-Friday - 6:00 a.m. to 2:00 a.m.
- Saturday - 8:00 a.m. to 2:55 a.m.
- Sunday - 12:30 p.m. to Midnight
*Note* Only restaurants having a "SUNDAY SALES" business license may sell alcoholic beverages on Sunday.
- Sales are permitted on both local and national election days.
- Sales are permitted on all holidays except Christmas Day provided the holidays are within the allowed hours and days. Sales on Christmas Day are not allowed under any circumstances as per Georgia Law.